Well, crap. Today is Monday and I saw my oncologist this morning and had blood work. After that I went to physical therapy. I flunked my blood work. They looked at 24 things and I only passed 11 of them. I flunked 13. Thank goodness I’ve already had my last infusion of the red devil, because they wouldn’t have let me have another one. I will start my new drug a week from tomorrow end it will take four hours. That seems like an awfully long time, but it is what it is. I have infections under both of my arms and they are treating that. I officially have neutropenia, which means I am not allowed to have fresh fruit or vegetables until I can get my counts up. I was told there’s too big of a chance to get an infection from bacteria on them. I came within 3/10 of a point of having to have a transfusion today. that was a close call. I was released from physical therapy, at least. I will do my home exercises from this point on and wear my arm sleeve and glove. My white blood cell and red blood cell counts are both too low. I am anemic, so it’s no wonder I’ve been so tired lately. I do feel better today than yesterday, though.
12/10/25 Thursday First of all, good news. My latest cancer test came back negative. I am currently in Las Vegas, supposedly having a grand time, but I am not. I got food poisoning and spent all day yesterday in bed. At least when I wasn’t vomiting or had diarrhea. All dang day. By evening, I was so weak I could barely walk. The hotel called paramedics and they took me to the ER. I was there until 11:30 PM last night. Poor David. I felt so sorry for him. It was a horrible evening and I’m still weak this morning. I haven’t eaten anything since Tuesday evening . We’re supposed to fly home tomorrow. I sure hope I’m better than this by then. I got show tickets for last night with spectacular seats and David had to take them back and get our money back. At least we got to go to the national finals rodeo Tuesday night. That was so much fun! Today doesn’t look like much fun, though. I feel horrible. They did a lot of scans at the hospital. Showed a lot of scarring in my right lung, which...
Comments
Post a Comment